On Monday afternoon, at 24 Snowberry Way, two firefighters got injured after falling through the floor that was collapsing. The two were volunteer firefighters who were fighting fire in a house in Stittsville, at the Southwest of Ottawa.
The Ottawa Fire Services say that the two fell into the basement, through the main floor. It is believed that the electric panel in the basement caused the fire after an electrical surge. But investigations on the incidence continue.
The two were rushed to a hospital and were listed as in stable condition. One of the firefighters who fell through the collapsing floor had to be rescued from the building. He was in an induced coma, but by Tuesday the Fire Chief informed the public that he was expected to recover, fully.